poshneighbour

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I didn't manage to get a post completed yesterday as I spent the evening driving a 40 mile round trip to take Marjorie to the vets. She's had really bad sneezes for a week, and antibiotics haven't helped.
To catch her I tempted the girls over with grapes, only Dhylis, Penny and Marjorie were out, Sylvie is still broody and is becoming a nightmare. So, I sat down on the floor, they came running over - very greedy chickens, and started eating the grapes. I caught Marjorie, and turned my back to put her in the box, when I turned around Dhylis and Penny had eaten the other grapes on the floor - they really are greedy!
Marjorie sneezed all the way there, and it was really sad listening to her. I got lost a few times, the aa directions are good, but it would really help having the number of the house on them when you type in a post code!
So - the vet was very nice and checked her over. She listened to her heart, and checked her eyes and nose were clear - which they were. On further examination Marjorie started crackling when she was breathing, which pinpointed this is be left over Gapeworm - which she had 3 weeks ago. So we've got antibiotics, and instructions to worm her again - which I did last night - 1 handed as I was holding her too.
As a treat she was then let out to free range, I never seen her run so fast - I think she was very relieved to be stopped messing with! Dhylis and Penny came out too, but still no sign of Sylvie. She may get another dunking soon!
Then I cooked dinner, and had a phonecall from a friend I was at college with - I haven't spoken to her in about 2 years, so it was nice to catch up.
That's it for now,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home