poshneighbour

Saturday, July 08, 2006

3 eggs yesterday - yippee

1 egg so far today - Sylvie proudly told me about 10 minutes ago!

We haven't had 3 eggs in one day for at least 2 months! It was very funny - Penny Marj and Dhylis all crammed into the next box at the same time! I know they are only bantams but it was a tight squeeze. Sylvie laid earlier - so at least it wasn't 4 of them in the nest box. They've all been free ranging today - they do make me laugh when they are out. The see me and all come running as they know I've normally got grapes and treats for them. They now know what to do about free ragning too. After we were on hols for 3 weeks, they'd forgotten how to free range and didn't undertstand they could come out of the door! Silly chooks, they have a memory like a goldfish!

We went car shopping yesterday too - a Nissan Murano is looking quite good - but we need to drive it first and they didn't have one - unfortunately - so hopefully next weekend?


I've been into work this morning too. It was the open day - so I've shown people around this morning - then off to Sainsburys our first veggie box is being delivered on friday and we needed veg for the roast dinner today. So dinner us in cooking and starting to smell really nice. I've got chicken and Tom has pork stuffed with apricots and mushrooms, the roasties and veg too.

So here are some photo's of Thailand. We stayed in Krabi at the Tubkaak resort - it was so peaceful. We'd lie by the pool and watch the butterflies flying about. Great Thai food too! We stopped in Bangkok for 1 night on the way home too, which was great fun - shopping at a market with 6000 stalls and bartering over 5p!

The beach at sunset.

The beach during the day

The pool - the best pool we've ever had!

The koi I fed every day in the pond by the restuarant.

5 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Lovely pictures.
Enjoyed reading your blog which I got to via Allotmernt Lady!

Not such a good time in my garden but I will get there!

Dx

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger poshneighbour said...

Thanks - I no where near as good as Allotment lady - her blogs are fantastic.

I just don't have the time to write so much, or garden as much, or bake as much either!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger patsy said...

loved the photos of the chickens. i tried to see where you are but couldn't, are you in uk or usa or where?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger poshneighbour said...

I'm in the UK - about 40 minutes from Allotment lady - as I went to see her chickens before I got mine.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger patsy said...

ok it doesn't really matter but I like to know where people are so I can put them in a draw in my mind. silly I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home