poshneighbour

Sunday, July 09, 2006


Second post today, still no more eggs, and I've just made Penny get out of the next box - she doesn't look happy!

So, we've eaten the roast - it was lovely and after watching the Wimbledon Mens final - (Roger deserved to win). I'm now doing some cooking, I've made a sponge cake with 4 bantam eggs. I've never used them for cake making before - so I guessed the amount - where as I'm now thinking I should have been a bit more scientific and weigh them - as it looks like a bullet! I'm sure it'll taste nice - but it's a bit burnt on top too. I haven't made a cake in a long time and I think it shows! Tom did the icing bit, it's got butter cream, strawberry jam and fresh stawberries in it - and tasted really nice even if it was a bit flat and bullet like!



So now I'm making some redcurrant jelly - recipe kindly supplied by Allotment lady. The redcurrants are simmering away nicely as I write this and they smell delicious. I've got the muslin ready (an old reminant of some net curtains I took up), so now I've got to find some jars to put this in.....again maybe I should have checked this first.

So, I'm also going to make some low fat raspberry frozen yoghurt - with the raspberries we picked yesterday. I've only just put the ice cream maker in the freezer - so this may end up being made tomorrow, as I don't think it will freeze in time.

I did a bit on my veggie bed yesterday - I split some of the lettuces up, to give them some more room, and now they look like there dead - so I'm leaving the others alone! As you can see from the photo - the ones to the left are looking decidedly limp.

The girls are now out free ranging again, being blown about the garden by the wind - this photo does make me laugh as Sylvie was blown up the garden...I think it's because of their huge feathers the wind can pick them up. It's a good job we clipped their wings otherwise they may have flown away today with the help from the wind.

I've managed to get a photo of Boris - spying on them from the lounge door. He is naughty - far too interested in what they are doing, and he rushes out in the garden when they are back in their run, just to check and see where they've been.


As you can see the garden is looking quite nice now - with the flowers - it's just a shame about the lawn, although it is looking a lot healthy this weekend, than last when we got back from Thailand. I don't think it was watered at all - so with a nice drink (we don't have a hose pipe ban) - it's perked up a bit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home