poshneighbour

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Total = 74 eggs
Marjorie = 2 (yesterday and today)
Dhylis = 1

I didn't manage to post yesterday - as I was good and left my laptop at work - so I wouldn't have to work when I got home.

The chickens are fine. Penny and Slyvie are still very broody, so I kept the elgu door closed today. Got home from work and opened the door, and Penny made a run for the next box, so we dunked her in cold water up to the neck (as recommened to cure broodiness - so she may start eating again). We put her back into the run, and left the door open, and again she went straight for the next box, so she was dunked again. She is now looking really really miserable in the garden, and I feel really bad now. Slyvie took one look at what we had done, and hasn't even looked at the next box - so it may have worked on her too - without even dunking.

We have just taken Boris for a long walk down to the mill, with our new pedometers attached - work this out - I take smaller steps than Tom, but he has more steps counted on his - 4291 against my 3971???? Just had another look at it,and I've done 5001 steps in less than 2 hours - that's half of what you should aim for a day - so I'm really chuffed now.

No photo's today as the camera is charging - we have 2 batteries and typically both have run out.

Time for dinner now - not sure what we are having yet, my even end up being fish and chips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home