poshneighbour

Monday, October 29, 2007




The Good Life = 38 eggs

Today I have just spent the best 45 minutes you could imagine outside. It's October the 28th, and I took a chair up to the girls run, and sat inside with them for 45 minutes drinking a cup of coffee.


It was great to see them all chilling out, sunbathing, dustbathing, preening and generally being happy girls. I've added another feeder to make sure they all get a chance to eat.


Midget - the columbine is having a tough time of it - she's bottom chicken, and has now decided that I am safe - which is good. She is a really sweet little girl, who likes a cuddle and closes her eyes when I pick her up and stroke her.


The silver nick still needs a name - we were thinking Daisy or Vera, but I can't decide yet.


I have to say that the ex batts are doing really well, from not knowing how to walk very well 3 weeks ago, they are definitely settling in. We definitely did the right thing getting them - and seeing them chilling out is fantastic - it really makes me smile.


This last photo - a new meaning to the words "headless chickens".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home