poshneighbour

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The good life = 17 eggs


On Saturday the big girls and little girls were allowed out together. The big girls still don't really know how to be chickens, but they were quick to try and sort out the pecking order which is:


Jerry, Barbara, Margo, Penny, Dhylis and poor Sylvie at the end.


I did think that the Pekins would stay top chickens, but I think they are a bit scared of the big girls. Penny and Dhylis did try to keep their ranking, however they gave up pretty quickly, I think this was more of the big girls didn't know what was happening when the little girls attacked, so they ignored them.


They were doing really well together, but Margo is becoming a bit of a pain, and is chasing the little girls now. I went up to say hello to them yesterday - and caught Margo with Dhylis's wing in her beak - and she wouldn't let go. Poor Dhylis, Penny and Sylvie, they spend all there days under the new cube.


I gave them a break this morning, and kept the big girls in the run until about 11am, to let the little girls have a wander without being attacked- they did spend the whole time under the cube again - but I think they were a bit more relaxed.


Enough writing for now, as I need to get to the shops and also clean the girls out today.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home