poshneighbour

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The total eggs for January is......... drum roll please......

106 - yes one hundred and six eggs. From only having the pekins for most of last year I am amazed as I was lucky if there were 8 eggs a week from them. From looking at the eggs I know that Blanche, Bianca and Lola have been laying, the good life at least 2 of them have been laying although a lot of their eggs end up cracked as they have really thin shells, and the star pekin that is Dhylis has already started laying for the year.

So - at this rate they will hopefully start paying for themselves now I sell eggs to the neighbour. Talking of neighbours, our new ones moved in today - I've yet to see them, but will pop around tomorrow with a nice bottle of wine, the card and of course some fresh eggs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home