poshneighbour

Monday, January 21, 2008

Well things have changed since October 2007 when I last posted. We are now the very proud parents of Leo, who is currently fast asleep. He;s now nearly 12 weeks old, and is most definitely keeping us busy.

The chickens are doing well, unfortunately I have some sad news on the girl front, Midget died in mid November, I think it was something neurological, and Penny our little blue pekin passed away on Saturday night in her sleep I think from old age. They were both very lovely girls, and will be missed incredibly.

So, the new hybrids are laying well, all pretty much started within a week of each other,Blance first and Lola last. So far this year we've had over 60 eggs from the girls which is more than we ever expected.

The Ex-batts are looking better than ever, Jerry looks like a proper chicken now, Barbara has started getting orange feathers this week, and poor Margo is still a bit bald on her head and around her bum.

Sylvie and Dhylis are enjoying life in their new house, Dhylis has even laid us 3 eggs already - which given how cold and dark it is was very suprising, I'm just waiting for her to go borrdy on me now....

A short post for now, but as I've managed to work out when Leo sleeps / is awake I may carry on from now on. I'll post some photos later of the girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home